Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Up at 3 am

I've been up since 3 a.m.--no, that is not typical, in fact, I've never done that--but my editor is waiting for my manuscript for Stirring Up The World: Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony, a Biography of a Powerful Friendship. Plus Elizabeth and Susan are soooooo on/in my mind that I decided to get up and write. It's now 12 hours later--I'm drinking iced coffee (from the breakfast left-over) and popping popcorn--no, not typical, in fact, I've never done that either; maybe I'm delirious!? Back to work!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI, Penny,
I can tell you're feeling the pressure. But, doesn't it feel better to be up and accomplishing something?? Who says we have to sleep between certain prescribed hours. When the mood strikes, go to it!!

Penny said...

Thanks for your words of good cheer & wisdom! I'm still up & chugging along, piling up pages.
It's 1893 (in my writing world); Elizabeth & Susan just celebrated E's seventy-eighth birthday! They're planning two more campaigns for woman suffrage--New York & Kansas, the same states they campaigned in in 1867! I just shake my head & shake my head at the resistance to woman suffrage!!

Marie at QC said...

In 1883 Susan B. Anthony went to Europe. Did she meet Emily Pankhurst (who later formed the Women's Movement in England)?

Penny said...

Emmeline Pankhurst(EP) was a friend of Elizabeth's daughter, Harriot Stanton Blatch, who married an Englishman and lived in Basingstoke.(EP & Harriot worked together in the Women's Franchise League.) EP went to Basingstoke to meet Elizabeth when she was visiting Harriot in 1890. Susan and EP met in 1899 when Susan attended the third convocation of the International Council of Women(ICW)in London. EP claimed to have heard SBA speak at the 1904 ICW in Bremerhaven, Germany.