Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Celebrating Women's History

Tomorrow Sarah Jones, my daughter-in-law and Tony award winning star of "Bridge and Tunnel" is celebrating women's history by having breakfast with Michelle Obama and 20 other women, spending the day doing events for girls in DC schools, and performing at a dinner at the White House. For more about Sarah go to: http://www.sarahjonesonline.com/ My son Steve emailed me the update. He's a poet and a star of the Tony award winning show "Russell Simmons Presents Def Poetry Jam on Broadway." All of the events are for school girls and women from the Obama administration and other celebs, so, although Steve's going with Sarah, he says that he will be "watching from the front gate."
As for me tomorrow, I'm doing my "Celebrating Women" multimedia presentation at the FDIC (yup, the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation) in the morning, then racing to Queens College to teach. On Thursday, I speak at the United States Mint in Philadelphia (yup, the money-making place). If you're wondering why??--it's because Women's History Month is designated by Congress therefore federal agencies, including the military, need to schedule programs; thus they sometimes contact me, which means I've gone to many interesting places to share my passion for women's history!

No comments: