Thursday, November 13, 2008

TV interview



Yesterday Joanne Santiglia, a top-notch reporter for NY1, came to my house to interview me about Thanksgiving: The True Story. I'm always a bit on edge before interviews, worried about answering questions crisply etc. but Joanne--knowing that one of my books is Rosie the Riveter: Women Working on the Home Front in World War II--started off by sharing her excitement from the day before about filming the Veterans' Day ceremony in Fort Lee, NJ, where the VFW honored women war workers! Then she said she was "enchanted by the turkeys on the cover" of Thanksgiving & we were off and running. Thanks Joanne! In the picture, she is setting up the shot. Hummm, I'm trying to link to her story about the women war workers but it's not working--you can find it at www.ny1.com, click on "nj news"

No comments: