Sunday, March 30, 2008

Speaking at the Philadelphia VA Medical Center and Picatinny Arsenal



March is fun & interesting because I'm invited to speak to a variety of audiences who are celebrating National Women's History Month. The first image is the cover of the program for a terrific event at the Philadelphia VA Medical Center. Before I spoke, five staff members gave presentations that were fabulous! What a treat to see them in action. Fern Billet showed glass beads she had made, Eileen Cox discussed her mosaic art, Marge Franklin sang her original composition, LaTonya Gibson read her poem, Pamela Jackson-Malik discussed her art work, and Martha Trudeau read a poem AND gave a karate demonstration. The next two pictures are from the women's history event at the Picatinny Arsenal in New Jersey. A slide from my PowerPoint presentation is on the screen in the first picture. In the second picture, Sergeant Major Graves is presenting me with his military coin. Brigadier General Phillip also presented me with his military coin. It is an honor given for excellence that I greatly appreciate. In the last picture, I'm autographing books for Marilyn Phillips.

No comments: